Thursday, December 15, 2011

Good Mood Food!

Whenever I have a really awesome story to tell, I almost get annoyed with writing it out. Mostly because I love to get super animated and use all these crazy hand gestures when I am telling the story, lol. I say that to say,I have rewritten the intro to this blog post 3 times, and I hate it every single time!
So instead of wasting time, I shall just write and see what happensJ
One thing that I absolutely love about my walk with the Lord is I have complete confidence that when certain things happen, HE arranged it. And what happened today was no different, but I didn’t realize it until the day was almost half over.
When I woke up this morning, I seriously considered not going to work. To be honest, I didn’t feel good and sensed it was going to be a rough day. But the Lord told me to push through it and go anyway. So I did. Now I know that the Lord was with me as I walked out the door, but let me tell you, when the Lord looked at all He had made and called it good, I know that coffee was somewhere in that equation, because it has helped me through many a rough day! Amen to caramel machiatto....
I got to work, and of course, it was nuts. Now I had already planned on my way there what I was going to focus on for the majority of the day. Did it happen? No. Did I even touch my project? Nope. Not even close to it… Instead, I got caught up in another project that took the entire day.
Now, before you say, why in the world are you telling us all of this junk, keep reading. Because it’s about to get awesome!
Usually I take my break around 12:30, but because of all the crazy papers I had spread everywhere, that was not likely to happen. Then I thought I would take it at 2. Yeah, not a chance. Finally, around 3, I took my break. Praise the Lord!
But what to eat…. I was in rush, so I didn’t pack a lunch. What was close? I don’t want to drive far…. Oh yeah, Arbys. I guess I’ll go there, even if their food is kind of gross…
So there I went, off to Arby’s. And here is where I start to smile, because I just love how the Lord works!
I pull into the parking lot. I see a line in the drive-thru. I hate lines. I’m hungry.
I think I’ll go inside. The Lord said no. I went through the drive thru.
Do I want Beef n Cheddar, or a Chicken Bacon Swiss? Well, the beef is cheaper…. The Lord says get the chicken… So I did.
I ordered myself a chicken sandwich and a jamocha shake, amen! The cashier told me my total - $6.66
Maybe I misheard the Lord and should have ordered the beef…. hee hee
I pull up almost to the window, waiting for the car in front of me to get their food. And as I am waiting, I realize that the car in front of me is a Mercury Sable just like my new car. So, with my typical new car owner pride, I start doing a happy dance and saying to myself, “My car is nicer than your nasty white one. And the Lord blessed me with a prettier car!” Really glad no one was watching, but pretty sure it still would have been funny to watchJ
So there I was waiting, and waiting, and waiting….. Good grief, how long does it take to make up some curly fries??? Finally the car drove away and I pulled up to the window.
Immediately the cashier apologized for the wait, and started telling me how the woman in front of me had her card declined several times. Now, in my head I am wondering why in the world is she telling me about the woman’s card. But instead of saying anything, I continued to listen. The cashier, whose name is Thea, told me that the woman had the exact same total for her meal as I did. $6.66. And when her card was declined, she started freaking out and repeating over and over that it “must be a sign. It must be a sign.”
Thea said she felt bad and asked if she wanted to order something else, but the woman just kept panicking that it must be a sign. Now, since I was not sure of Thea’s religious beliefs, I wasn’t sure how to respond outwardly. Inwardly, I thought the only sign was that the woman should balance her checkbook so that she knows what is in her account! I kept that one to myself though, lol. But what really threw me was when Thea asked what I, a perfect stranger, thought of it.
Well, Lord, here’s my chance… I told Thea that because I am a CHRISTIAN, I do believe in the significance of those three numbers, but I don’t think that it meant anything because it was the total of the meal. She immediately agreed with me and said that sometimes when that happens, people make jokes about it and that it offends her. I then took a long shot and asked her if she too was a Christian. She responded that yes she was, and turned to grab my food.
I immediately plunged into my purse to grab a flyer for my church’s Christmas Cantata that is taking place this Sunday evening. Praise the Lord I listened when He told me to grab more flyers! I gave Thea an invitation and she seemed very interested in coming, and even said she would try to come!
As I drove away, I laughed and thought, “Take that Satan! The Lord still wins! Every single time!”
When people try to use as a scare tactic, or a spooky sign, the Lord can turn around and use it for His glory. Now, I know what those numbers mean, but I also know that I am walking close to the Lord, so those numbers don’t have anything to do with me. The only significance they have is that they opened the door for me to invite Thea to church. And that my entire day had been orchestrated by the Lord so that I would have that divine appointment.
I love the way the Lord works, and I love the humor and joy He injects in our day as well. I was blessed by meeting Thea, I was blessed by my chicken sandwich, and I am always blessed because I am saved.
Pray for Thea that she will come on Sunday, the 18th @ 7pm, and go out and eat yourself some GOOD MOOD FOOD!!!!

1 comment: