Monday, December 31, 2012

MS, Meet My Red High Heels






Hey MS, I want you to meet some folks. Meet my Red High Heels. You see them? They are going on my feet. They are going on my feet while I WALK out the door. They will stay on my feet as I WALK up and down stairs. Oh, and they will be doing that for a very long time. Just thought I would give you a heads up about that - in case you were getting any ideas about trying to get me into flats any time soon. Yeah....not happening. You see, these bad boys are my inspiration. These guys are a reminder to me that we are winning and you are not. Or rather, that HE is winning....

You see MS - I have another awesome friend, besides my Heels. They are just my posse. This guy, HE is incredible. HE is powerful. HE is mighty. HE is awesome. His name is Jesus, and He is using you to grow and stretch me. But you know what MS, He is healing me from you. That's right, you heard me, you... are... leaving.


Why are you leaving you ask? Well, first of all, we (Jesus and me) have too much to do, and you are just getting in the way. Or rather, you have served your purpose. Don't get me wrong, I have learned a lot from you. I have grown a lot because of you. But for right now, we don't need you. Personally, I don't want to see you come back. No offense. Second, Jesus is so incredibly awesome and talented and smart! You see, even though He allowed you to make an entrance into my life, He has also been showing me how to show you out the door - graciously.


MS - I know that this is difficult for you to take right now, so, I am going to go eat a huge salad while I wait for you to process this.....


Speaking of salad....yeah, salad has also joined my posse. And green juice. And avocado. And quinoa! Jesus has given me food for physical healing, worship and counsel for spiritual/emotional healing, and red heels for... Well, for fun and absolute joy;)


So MS - don't be too broke up about this. Because I am not upset at all. Me, I'm just stoked about this life with Jesus. I am on cloud nine that I get to live for Him. I am thrilled that I have been symptom free for 10 months. I am humbled, blessed and rejoicing over this gift of life that I have been given. This life that I get to truck on through in my red high heels!


No comments:

Post a Comment