Monday, November 3, 2014

The Love Project 2014: Those Who Love




Today, I heard the story of how Jesus totally got a hold of someone's life and changed them. For good.

Tonight, I sat through a memorial service that honored a woman of devoted and fervent prayer. Someone who I was beyond blessed to know and have been prayed over.

I also stood and spoke with two people who changed my life probably more than they will ever know.

You know, we all go through pretty intense seasons in our lives. Sometimes those seasons seem hopeless, lonely and incredibly bleak.

For me, those days were primarily during high school, shortly after my dad died.

And while those days were challenging and painful, I was never left desolate or abandoned. Even if it felt like it.

Jesus blew my mind and my expectations out of the water and dropped a family into my life that I now consider to be my own.

I look back on those lonely years, and can honestly say that my love bank was constantly having deposits made by that family.

Those deposits propelled me through and kept me going.

Those who love us in our darkest hours are those who can also celebrate with us through our greatest joys.

Whose love bank are you filling up today?

There are those who talk about it, there are those who hope for it, and then, there are just those who do something about it.

Those who love.

#theloveproject2014

No comments:

Post a Comment