Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Love Project 2014: The Wonder of Miracles


Miracles.

Rise up and walk kind of experiences.

Go and sin no more moments.

Speak Lord and it will happen type of trust.

Who is this man and how does He do these things awe and amazement.

That’s what I want to see. Be apart of. Know, experience, share and see.

My small group is going through the book of Acts. As we walked through chapter 4, and discussed the lame man who asked Peter for silver and gold, I had a thought.

Do I really and truly believe that miracles happen the way we read about them in the scriptures?

Do I truly believe that someone can rise up and walk when spoken in the name of Jesus with complete faith?

Or have I become so tainted and jaded by “false prophets”, that I miss it when it really happens?

To me it seems like such a delicate balance. A balance of the true belief in the Holy Spirit and those gifts, coupled with discernment for that which is not of the Lord.

Because I love Jesus and I know He hears me, I have no problem believing in the answered prayers I see coming to fruition in front of me.

But what about miracles?

Do I really believe they exist?

I want to. I want to see them, experience them, hear of them and believe in them.

I want my love for Jesus to be so strong and firm that I don’t doubt the possibility of miracles.

I don’t just want to read about them to believe in them. I want to believe in them and know them to be true.

True because the One I love has said they are so, and not only did them, but still does.


Thou art the God that doest wonders: thou hast declared thy strength among the people.
Psalm 77:14

No comments:

Post a Comment