Thursday, January 1, 2015

Do Life 2015

As I sit here and write, I can't help but feel a tiny bit morose. The Love Project 2014 was such an amazing journey and I almost hate to see it end. It was filled with laughter, love and important lessons learned. 

One unexpected aspect I am realizing as I sit here reflecting, was how grounded it made me feel. How settled and focused I was able to be, as well as motivated to see the bigger picture alongside the small details. 

As I drove to a friend's home for New Year's celebration, the glorious sunlight reflecting off the snow covered peaks of Mt. Rainer completely took my breath away. 

Still, as beautiful as my view was, I struggled with verbalizing my personal theme for 2015.

I mean, I have a plan, or at least the startings of one, but no definitive way in which to describe or express it. 

In my mind and on paper there are a decent number of fabulous things happening this year.

One of the first things I am going to do is accompany some friends on what will be my very first foreign mission's trip. We will be going to Haiti and serving for one week through Cross to Light Ministries.

I should probably mention I was asked to go in October, decided to go in November and now I am leaving in 14 days. What the heck....

As of about 5 years ago, just jumping in with both feet would have sounded exciting and liberating, but I never would have done it.

Why the change now? What happened to make jumping in with both feet less terrifying?

The more I thought it, the more I realized The Love Project lit a fire in my heart unlike anything I had ever experienced.

There is something so incredibly powerful and freeing about intentional love coming to you in the purest form possible. The motivation and inspiration stemming from answered prayers is more liberating than I ever thought possible. These things give you strength and an ability to stop letting anxiety and 'what ifs' make your decisions for you.

For my inspiration, I wanted to look at what I learned all last year and apply it. Apply it every single day - in both large ways and in small ways.

For example, going to Haiti is kind of a big deal. A life event requiring planning and preparation. But the decision to do, that is instantaneous. 

And I notice within myself, it's the execution of the decision that gets me all tangled up in my emotions and worries. 

And what's sad, is more often than not, the execution of so many decisions is where I get stuck. For instance, I love to read. I will choose a book in a nano second. But actually sitting down and reading it? That can be a year long process. 

This year, I don't want to just plan stuff, I want to do stuff. I don't just want to choose to be involved in something, I want to experience it. 

Fully, completely, all the way.

In 2015 I want to "Do Life". I want to seize every fabulous opportunity that comes my way. I want to create hilarious shenanigans and have grand adventures that will make my head spin.

And the thing is, if I am looking to the ONE who creates all and wants the absolute best for me, those wants are totally possible.

2015 - you are going to be so epic and I can't wait to live every day to the fullest.



#dolife2015

No comments:

Post a Comment