Thursday, April 4, 2013

#day2 & #day3 recap

When you are truly passionate and believe in something, it doesn't and shouldn't matter what other people think.

You really are only out to seek approval from ONE person - or at least, that is what it should be... Not only that, it's not even approval you should be seeking. Because what you seek has already been freely given. Love & acceptance.... So really, you shouldn't be seeking approval, you should be showing and RETURNING love...

These #40days are all about "seeing" Jesus. And the reason we are able to "see" Him, is because He demonstrated the most amazing act of love known to mankind - personal sacrifice.

Even though it is only day 3, I feel that I have already learned so much. On day 1, I was reminded that not only just Jesus "see" me, but that He also "hears" me. I had prayers answer that day. Day 2 and day 3 - awesome! Completely awesome! And because of something that happened today, I felt my definition of "awesome" shaken a little. But then, I "saw" Him and reminded me that His definition is the one that matters. Not the definition of the world.

So let's recap!

Day 2

(Part 1)

I received a message from a friend late Monday night/Early Tuesday morning. This friend wanted to know what they could do to help someone in their life who is currently suffering with MS. I sat on my bed, totally stunned for a few minutes. I had told the Lord a few days prior that I really want to help and be an encouragement to those with MS. I remember well the lonely days. The days that I felt like an outsider in my own life. The days that all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball, cry and go back to sleep. (there were a couple days that I did that....) If my experience can be an encouragement to someone else, then it was all worth it. Because through my MS, I have more clearly "seen" Jesus....

He brought me forth also into a large place; He delivered me, because He delighted in me....
Psalm 18:19

(Part 2)

I woke up Tuesday morning to a text message. It was screenshot of my best friend's computer. On that screenshot, it was depicted that she had started a team to walk in the Walk MS in her hometown. I cried. She started it because she cannot fly up to walk in the Seattle one with me.... I am constantly humbled by the love and support of my friends. Another friend sent an email to all her contacts and as a result, our donations have more than DOUBLED in the last week! I love my friends so much... I truly have friend who "show" Jesus!



Day 3

(Part 1)

Woke up Wednesday morning and checked my email, per usual. I had an devotional a friend sent me. The exact verse I needed. Spiritual encouragement is the best!




(Part 2)

I had an interview. I didn't get the job, BUT it was fascinating.... And the Lord taught me some things, and reminded me of some things. The details of this interview will be in a blog post all it's own, haha!



All in all, it was a fabulous day! I am starting to wake up each day, wondering how HE is going to show Himself to me.... It is super exciting!

40 More Days of Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment