Thursday, April 21, 2016

simplicity 2016: finally reading "seven"

I've been a reader and a learner almost my entire life.

My parents taught me to read around the age of five, I hated the stupid books I had to learn to read with, and then I discovered Disney.

And that changed everything.

I think my dad was the most proud and also relieved, because the idea of having a child who hated books really bothered his bibliophile's heart.

This love of knowledge is great. And being a lover of books is great.

Except when I keep buying books, putting them on my shelf and reading BuzzFeed for a thousand hours.

Am I learning? Sure. About which Beyonce song best describes my life. Or the 21 vegan spots in London I just CAN'T miss. Or that I can purchase and own Kim Kardashian crying face earrings. Cause we all know that's a priority.

All this brings me back to my theme for the year. And how I've been falling off that wagon recently. Oops.

My friend Renee suggested this book to me about three months ago.

In a nutshell it's about simplifying your dang life.

And in a broader sense... I have no idea, because I haven't started it yet, and it's 6 days overdue at the library.

Which means I will owe the library $.70 if I return it today, and more than that if I actually read the book before returning it.

Oh hey simplifying my finances! That makes tons of sense to have overdue library books. I'm really only fooling myself that I am practicing simplicity by using the library instead of Amazon Prime.

Moving on....

I'm going to read this book. Hopefully by the weekend. I'm going to not watch my shows on Hulu until it's done. Wait for me Olivia Benson!

And hopefully, I will have gained some good nuggets from this paperback self help book vs BuzzFeed telling me which donuts I should eat. I can't eat donuts you horrible cretin!

What kind of sick twisty trash is this website anyway.... (who am I kidding, I will never stop reading).

Signing off to go read now. I'll let you know how it goes. When I've read it. Completely. No skimming allowed.

#simplicity2016

No comments:

Post a Comment