Monday, April 11, 2016

simplicity 2016: mark one thirty five

Jesus, teach me to pray like you. 
teach me to always have my heart in a position of prayer. so that my actions and my words are consistently and worshipful for prayer.

prayer is an intimate conversation I have with my Father every day.

and it's amazing.

but sometimes I'm not very good at it.

on Saturday morning, early, He showed me how He loves to talk with me.

my heart felt recharged and I felt challenged to make my time with Him more intentional and special. 

then last night at church, the Spirit hit me there again.

guess it's what I needed to hear and focus on.

so Lord? please never stop teaching me how to pray....

{for prayer - a poem about worship}

the sun went down
the lights are low 
the candles lit 
for prayer 

my phone turned off
the tv dark
my book is closed
for prayer

my pen is ready
my journal open
names are flowing 
for prayer 

the Father hears me
the Spirit guides me
the family gathers
for prayer 

i know He loves me
i know He seeks me
i know He joins me
for prayer

a sacred place
a scheduled time 
a somber night 
for prayer 

#simplicity2016

No comments:

Post a Comment