Sunday, April 27, 2014

Forty More Days of Jesus (Day 7)

Day 7 – April 27, 2014
 
This morning, I woke early. However, I had the hardest time rising from my bed. I went back to sleep, only to have it be restless and unsettling. I really wish I had got out of bed when I eyelids popped open 30 minutes before my alarm. I have a feeling my morning would have been far more productive.

Thankfully, there is always next time and next time I will do my best for it to happen. 

Church was awesome this morning. Worship was powerful. Communion was reverential and the sermon was exactly what I needed. 

Pastor Jordan talked about the Peace of God, the Access of God and the Hope of God. The statement he made that stuck with me was in regards to the Access of God. He used the analogy that because of the access we have to information by way of our phones, tablets and laptops; sometimes we forget to appreciate what is right in front of us. We are so focused on taking a picture of our experience, we don't even experience it in the full capacity we were intended to experience it.

The same goes for the Holy Spirit. We have direct access to HIM. All the time. For anything and everything. 

Sometimes, I forget to appreciate HIM because HE is so accessible. 

Today I charged my phone in the morning. Now, it is almost 8pm and I still have almost half my battery. Usually I have to recharge my phone 4-5 times during the weekday... 

I am too attached to my phone in the sense of it being a distraction. I would like to focus more on what is going on around me, and less on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter. Those things aren’t bad. I just spend a little too much concentrated time on them. They are tools I use, but not tools that should control me. 

I wonder if people would have come out in hoards to hear Jesus if FB and Twitter had been in reach during his lifespan on earth. What would the hashtags have been? Would the five loaves and two fishes even happened, or would they have ordered a pizza? 

Am I too wrapped up in my social media that I don’t notice when Jesus is right in front of me? Sometimes I probably am.

I don't want Jesus to be my hashtag, I want Him to be my life.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment