Wednesday, January 20, 2016

simplicity 2016: hello, it's me

Adele's new song has become the greatest segue for all conversations for all of eternity. 

You haven't heard it? Get it from under that rock and walk into a grocery store for goodness sake. You need this song.

I mean, you can use it for anything.

I mean anything.

Sing it to your laundry. It will totally make sense. It's weird how it works.

Anyway, it's amazing.

And Adele is pretty rad. She and I should be friends.

I also love coffee mugs.

Which people know and buy them for me for birthdays, Christmas and other fantastic holidays where gift giving is encouraged. Like St Patties Day and National Pizza Day.

So anyway, my aunt got me this great mug.

That has the word "hello" emblazoned on the side.

Which made me think of Adele. See how I connected those? And you thought I was being random. Which I was.

But then I started thinking about how much I love coffee.

Which led to being grateful that I am now having coffee at home instead of buying lattes, and how great that is. Saving money, creamer for days and cozy chairs. So great. 

This thought process led me back to staring into my coffee mug, singing the words to this now iconic song, straight into the heart of my caffeinated beverage.

Because does no one else sing to their coffee??

Rude.

Man, I love coffee so much.

Then I had this thought...

What if I greeted everything in my life the way I greeted and looked forward to coffee?

What would happen if I made other things a priority the way I do my morning cup of joe?

Would my friends feel more appreciated?

Would my work be more productive?

Would Jesus and I have even better chat times?

I can't be certain until I try it, but I'm fairly certain the answer will be yes.

Simple thoughts about simple things change the way we live.

Also, Adele is a queen.

#simplicity2016





No comments:

Post a Comment