Wednesday, January 13, 2016

simplicity 2016: packing

Right now I'm sitting in an airport.

Waiting to go visit one of my most favorite people in the whole world.

For five days.

I finished packing two hours ago.

Because, I'm the queen.

Is this arrogant? Probably.

Is it true? Absolutely.

I am the best packer I know. 

Not in the world mind you, because that would be pretentious on a whole different level.

But still, I'm pretty awesome at this whole packing thing.

And it's not that I'm OCD (although that's been said), it's just that I don't like a lot of clutter. 

Or a lot of things to be responsible for. 

I just want to enjoy where I'm headed and who I'm heading to.

And as I am settled in at the gate, waiting to board, I looked down at my backpack and duffel bag and smiled.

I've been dwelling a lot on how to simplify my life. 

But, I've forgotten to acknowledge the areas in which I'm already practicing it or have already established it.

Like today, when I went to therapy for the first time ever. 

I walked away realizing I am much lighter than I thought I was. 

Still have more to unpack, but I'm getting there.

So, as I look down at my bag, I'm filled with a strong sense of self acceptance.

Life isn't perfect, but I'm doing better than I think and making more progress than I give credit for.

Join me in giving yourself an air guitar jam fest. Because you are getting there. 

We all are.

#simplicity2016

No comments:

Post a Comment